Saturday, August 25, 2012

Capuchin Fairness Test


Did I never post this?!?!?
My goodness, my apologies!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Capuchin Fairness Test:  
So, if you didn't quite catch that, cucumbers=meh.  Grapes=GOOD.


And, there you have it!  
Jealousy, envy, fairness, anger, equality….all those beautiful arguably human things smack-dab in a Capuchin!  Is this just another hopeful example of scientists dwelling in anthropomorphism?  I don't know….!  Seems pretty compelling to me!!  This experiment was presented at a Ted Talk by Frans de Waal on moral behavior in animals.  Great talk if you have the time to waste on the interwebs.

But wow, what an incredible study.  Whether you believe or don't believe that animals possess some sort of moral behavior, it's such an amazing experiment to watch.  And yes, I watch this way to often to admit.  Well done, Scientists!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment