Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sculpture


I try to blend art, nature, and science and am sometimes slightly successful.  But this, this, is the real deal. 





I've been thinking a lot about sculpture lately--how I would sculpt, what materials I would use--and it's tricky for me.   Like my paintings, I would want my 3D work to have a deeper narrative that's not always apparent at first.

This ant colony "sculpture" is exactly what I want my 3D art to be.  It's a product of interdisciplinary exploration.  It's abstracted, but upon closer examination, completely honest.  It's beautiful, but terrifying in reality.  And, just like my paintings, it highlights the spirit of discovery.

So, now that I'm thoroughly inspired, time to think of my own sculptural work.  My brain twists and strains for stability in such a boundless medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment