Friday, September 21, 2012

The Amazing Bee-Eaters


I have a new favorite bird.  And it's name is the Bee-Eater.   Beautiful, colorful birds that have got their killing methods down.  Like the pretty girl on the playground, they swoop in all elegantly and bright, then destroy bee's by squeezing their guts and bashing their bodies.  
I have always been afraid of bee's, wasp's, and most everything else that hurts and so, if I ever get another bird (RIP Dexter), maybe it will be a Bee-Eater.  It will be my guard bird.

Here's how you would eat a bee, if you were a Bee-Eater.

Step One:  Catch yaself a bee!  Just fly right at it, and snatch it on the torso!  Mid-air, easy-style, suck it up, don't be scared, it won't see you you're just RAINBOW COLORED.




<----- git em!


Next Step!  

Picture


Take a perch, rest your wings.  Food Prep Time.  Like a tube of toothpaste, squish that torso till the poison comes out.   Then whack the crap out of the bee, wiping it's poison onto your perch.   It might take a few tries, but whatever, bee's sting and birds don't.



This is best illustrated in video form, see below: 

Picture

Pop that bee back!  Man, I just love seeing bee's get eaten.  I mean, I think they're amazing and totally super important and all, but this is just great.  


 Bee-Eaters, lets hang out.




No comments:

Post a Comment